Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service respond annually to a considerable number of diverse incident types, most of which require urgent attendance of a skilled and motivated team of professionals.
These teams have a primary objective of saving life through rescue operations, preventing and minimising damage to property caused by fire and rendering humanitarian services to the local community.
Fire Safety related
- Investigating reports of dangerous conditions, e.g.Blocked fire escapes
- Accumulation of combustibles on fire escapes
- Reports of overcrowding at entertainment venues during performance
- Final investigation
- Fire Emergency Support Unit
The reports below include figures for the number of incidents attended by NFRS throughout the year. These have been split, so that you can see which stations attended which type of incidents.
Primary fires are any fires involving property (including non-derelict vehicles) and/or casualties and/or involves 5 or more fire appliances, secondary fires include grass fires and derelict vehicle fires, and special services includes attending road traffic collisions, incidents involving hazardous substances, and so on.
- 2005 - 2006
- 2006 - 2007
- 2007 - 2008
- 2008 - 2009
- 2009 - 2010
- 2010 - 2011
- 2011 - 2012
- 2012 - 2013
- 2013 - 2014
Typical Incident Type
- In Domestic Buildings
- Commercial and Industrial Buildings
- In High Rise Buildings
- In High Rise Buildings
- In Chimneys
- In Rural Areas
- In Farms
- In Refuse
- In Public Entertainment Venues
- In Secure Accommodation
- In Petrochemical Installations
- Involving Pipelines
- From Ice/Unstable ground
- From Lifts and Escalators
- From Sewers
- From Silos
- From Trenches/Pits
- From Collapsed structures
- From Height
- Involving Flooding and Waterways
- Of Animals
Incidents Involving Transport Systems
- Road– Minor Road Traffic Accident - Up to two vehicles on single carriageway.
- Major Road Traffic Accident – More than two vehicles, accident on dual carriageway, or large goods vehicle/public service vehicle involved.
- Rail – Passenger or Commercial goods transportation.
- Air – Commercial, Passenger, Light aircraft, Military. Marine – Inland and Coastal.
Generic Incidents Involving
- High Voltage Electricity
- Acetylene and other compressed gases
- Chemicals and other Hazardous Materials
- Biological Hazards
- Confined Spaces
- Civil Disturbances
- Natural Occurrences – Flooding, Lightning strikes
To find out more go to Summary of fire cover.