Become a volunteer
in Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service
Do you know someone who would be willing to give up their time to help others?
Maybe you, a friend or a relative?
Volunteering can be rewarding and offer people the opportunity to:
- Develop new skills, with training and support;
- Put their knowledge and experience to use by helping the local community;
- Meet new people and make new friends;
- Develop personal confidence;
- Enhance their work experience and CV.
Most importantly volunteers can gain the knowledge that just a little of their time can mean a lifetime of safety for someone living in their community.
Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service has had volunteers for many years, however, this scheme aims to provide an improved structure, so volunteers can be recruited and trained to provide them with new skills and perspectives, whilst enhancing and complementing the role of Firefighters in meeting the needs of local communities.
- Provide a friendly and accessible point of contact between the local community and Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service.
- Help raise fire safety awareness within all sections of the community.
- Help us make links with the many different groups within your community.
- Promote community spirit and well being.
Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service have launched the Community Volunteers scheme and with the help of you - we can make Norfolk a safer place to live.
If you have any queries or questions about NFRS Community Volunteers contact the Volunteer Co-ordinator on 01603 229023 or use Contact form.