Safety in your home
You are more than twice as likely to die in a fire at home if you haven't got a working smoke alarm. They are cheap, easy to get hold of and easy to fit.
Buy it, fit it, test it!
- To see if you qualify for a free home fire risk check to make your home safer click here
- To assess your home for fire risks watch our DVD and check your home
- To find out more about safety and make sure you keep yourself and your family as possible use our Safety advice and guidance
How you and your loved ones can stay safe from fire in your home:
- Fit at least one smoke alarm
- Test your smoke alarms weekly
- Check your home for fire risks (video)
- Make an escape plan and make sure everyone in the house knows it (video)
- Have a night time routine (video)
Many people don't take the threat of fire seriously enough and as a result don't take simple precautions such as completing our Home Safety Checker or fitting and checking their smoke alarm. Click here to go to The Black Museum to see what can happen.