Watch the DVD and then do the self checker to make your home safer from fire.
We want you, your family, friends and neighbours to be safe from fire in your home, to help you do this we have a short video which will highlight the risks in your home room by room and give you some advice on how to make it safer.
If you are over 60 or have a disability which could make it more difficult to react to a fire please CLICK HERE to see if you are eligible for a free home fire risk check of your home.
We also have a Home Fire Risk Self Checker which you can print out or follow on line, this helps you walk around your home identify potential risks and tells you what you can do about them.
How to use the video and self checker:
1. Watch the video to give you a better understanding of the potential risks in your home. You can get your family to watch it with you and help.
2. Print out the self checker or open it on your PC or tablet.
3. Walk from room to room identifying risks and using the advice to make it safer
4. If you want further advice then on your pc or tablet follow the links to more safety information on our website
5. Once you have done the check make sure everyone in the home is aware of the risks and what to do about them
6. Make sure everyone in the home knows the emergency/action plan and what to do in the event of a fire.
7. Practice the emergency/action plan with others in the home to make sure it works and everyone knows it
If you have children why not make it fun and get them to help you spot the risks and make your home safer
Have fun and be safe